Avoid A Trademark Translation Misfire And Its Costly Repercussions
Determine if your proposed business, product, or service name has an unintended meaning, negative connotation, or innuendo in a foreign language. Developed by local language experts around the world, Linguistic Search is a report enabling savvy brand owners and trademark attorneys the ability to reduce risk prior to significant investment.
Get coverage in over 40 languages and countries, empowering your business to participate in international markets and harvest maximum global revenue potential.
Native Speakers Ensure Your Brand Investment
Native speaking experts analyze your name for cultural meanings, associations, phonetics, and suitability, helping you to avoid a linguistic mistake leading to damaging publicity, recall actions or a costly name change. They conduct linguistic research and perform an extensive analysis, asking questions, including:
- Is the name easy or difficult to pronounce?
- Does the name have any association with local slang?
- Does the word imply potential negative associations?
- Are there links with religion, sexuality, or discrimination?
- What might the name or term speak for or against?
An assessment and evaluation are then made based on a mathematical scale, followed by a personal expert opinion as to the trademark or term’s fitness or suitability.
- Linguistic Search reports include one (1) language/per mark. Choose from over 40 languages and countries.
- Reports are delivered via email or the Inbox tool on SERION.
- Provided in English or German languages.
- Available in PDF Format. Word available upon request.
- Turnaround time (any language): 10 days or less. Expedited delivery may be available upon request.
Linguistic Search is available in the following languages and countries/regions. Additional languages are available by special request. Please contact your account manager for details.
|Near and Middle East