Searching entertainment titles? Our Canada Title Search helps you assess the availability of a proposed title in Canada and satisfy Errors and Omissions insurance requirements. We search a variety of Canadian title-related sources to pinpoint titles that are exact matches, reversals, plurals, and abbreviations.
- Receive up-to-date information on distributors (when available).
- Available in English or French.
- Combine this search with our U.S. Title Search for the most comprehensive North American Title search coverage available.
- Combine this search with an Entertainment Full Search to see if the film has merchandising potential.
- Includes titles of existing and forthcoming works
- All information regarding a title’s usage is analyzed and consolidated into a single, detailed citation in your report, and grouped according to media type.
Our Canada Title Search provides the information you need to identify litigation risk and avoid public confusion and promotional difficulty when releasing, distributing, broadcasting, or advertising a production in Canada.
Comprehensive reports include up-to-date information on distributors, when available. Reports are available in French or English.
For greater certainty, we provide extensive coverage of official and common law sources, including:
- Canadian Copyright Office Records from 1938 to present.
- Printed and online title sources.
- Canadian Trademarks in entertainment-related classes of goods and services.
- Extensive Canadian entertainment related sources covering media like films, television, books, video games and music.
Combine this search with our U.S. Title Search for the most comprehensive North American Title search coverage available.
Combine this search with a Canada Entertainment Full Search to assess if the merchandising potential of a proposed title.